How To Lose Weight – Natural Detox Diets
Natural Detox diets are extremely popular and are a good way to flush out all the toxins and clutter that is in your body. There are different ways to detox your body but you should make sure that you do this detox correctly. Many people prefer to do this type of cleansing in the spring time.
One important thing to remember is that a detox diet is different to a fasting diet. Fasting is not recommended for everyone. If your blood sugar is a little out of balance you could become dizzy, extremely tired and you may find it difficult to carry on with your normal everyday activities.
There are basically 5 guidelines to using a natural detox method. Your detox diet should last over a five day period and it may be best to go from a Monday through to Friday.
1. You should refrain from drinking coffee for this 5 day period. If you drink coffee while going through a detox you will find that your body becomes very shaky. This is because coffee is a known diuretic. You can substitute herbal tea, green tea or white tea instead. These teas will also help you deal with the headaches that are often associated from caffeine withdrawal.
2. Eat a rainbow of foods! This should include plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. Attempt to make each meal a colourful affair. You can add blueberries and strawberries to your cereal. Have a salad with tomatoes and cucumbers and for dinner include broccoli or carrots to your plate. The fresh fruits and vegetables will help cleanse your body while providing you with enough energy to get through the day.
3. Drink eight glasses of water each day. The total amount will be 64 oz. This is the equivalent to 4 small bottles of water. An easy way to get your water in each day is to drink a glass just before each meal. Then this leaves you with only a small amount of water to drink throughout the day. Whenever you go out in your car or for a walk take a bottle of water with you and sip on it.
4. For the five day period do not eat any red meat or dairy products. Stick to low fat protein like fish, egg whites and lean chicken. Eating these types of protein encourages your body to excrete the hormone glucagon which aids in flushing out your fat.
5. Use essential oils and fats. These are known as the good fats and include avocados, flax seed, olive and nuts.
The whole point of a detox diet is that you are eating raw and unprocessed foods. You are NOT starving yourself as many people think. Performing a natural detox is the perfect way to get your body functioning properly again. You should still eat when you are hungry and the natural foods will certainly fill you up.
In our example we have included lean protein as an option. Some people prefer to even eliminate any type of actual ‘cooked’ foods. They prefer to stick to totally raw and fresh fruits and vegetables.
If you want to drink fruit juice then squeeze your own juice, store bought juice has too many preservatives and chemicals added to it.
When you have gone through the five day detox period then ease back into eating cooked foods especially proteins. You don’t want to overload your body with salt as you will only end up feeling bloated.
There are certain foods and herbs that can help you with your detox program.
Mint Leaves are a great way for helping anyone who has a stomach problem. This could be an upset stomach, digestion problems, flatulence, nausea and vomiting. You can chop up mint leaves and add to your salad or even sprinkle on top of fruit such as orange segments and strawberries.
Cayenne Pepper can be added to your meal at dinner time. Cayenne pepper is excellent in treating certain health conditions including:
• Bad circulation
• Sluggish digestion
• Sore throats
• Excellent pain reliever